Together with community and member partners, the Abilene Chamber is helping streamline emergency calls and notifications for plumbing and water restoration needs for individuals and businesses for the Abilene region.

To communicate a need, visit abilenechamber.com to fill out the form. Chamber staff will utilize our network of Chamber member business professionals to help meet your need, specifically in the area of shutting off and vacuuming up stagnant water.

If you know of someone who does not have access to internet, a call can be placed with the City of Abilene at 325-676-6000 or to Pioneer Drive Baptist Church minister Nathan Adams at 325-692-6776.

The Chamber will only recommend licensed members to perform electrical, plumbing, restoration or mechanical services.

Please note, Pioneer Drive Baptist Church is utilizing a group of volunteers. If your phone call is not answered right away, please leave a message and it will be returned as soon as possible. Pioneer Drive Baptist Church’s efforts will revolve around getting water out of homes and turning off water – not repairs.

Please note, Pioneer Baptist Church is utilizing a group of volunteers. If your phone call is not answered right away, please leave a message and it will be returned as soon as possible.

Chamber Member Plumbing Professionals

Click here

Chamber Member Water Restoration Professionals

Click here

Chamber Member Insurance Professionals

Click here



If you have a pipe burst in your home or business, follow the steps below:

  • Turn main water supply off
  • File a claim as soon as possible with your insurance company
  • Do not make permanent repairs until a claim has been filed & damage has been inspected by adjuster
  • Check home for water leaks/damage when it is safe
  • Check personal property for damage
  • Do not dispose of any damaged property until an adjuster has completed the inspection
  • Take photos/videos of all damage; both property (home) and personal belongings
  • Clean damage after it has been documented; not cleaning can cause more damage

What to do if pipes are frozen:

  • Turn main water supply off
  • It is better if you get assistance from a plumber/professional

Tips if no plumber is available:

  • Remove water hoses from outside water sockets, this will help indoor faucets drain
  • Cover outside water sockets
  • Turn indoor water faucets on before you apply heat to the pipes
  • Start closest to the faucet and work your way down the pipe
  • If you cannot reach/locate the pipe; contact a plumber

Tips when contacting insurance company:

  • Do not use the word “flood” because insurance companies have a specific definition of the word flood and floods are only covered under a separate policy. Always refer to your claim as “water damage.”
  • Emphasis the burst pipe was “sudden/accidental” due to weather.
  • Make sure to read and understand the work authorization forms you are signing.
    • You might want to write “any billing is subject to an agreement and approval by the insurance company” when working with an emergency service company. You might have reported the damage and may have a claim number but remember that you might be on your own until the claim is approved.

Self Reporting Survey

Self Reporting Survey

The objective of this survey is to identify damages across Texas, to help emergency management officials across the state gain an understanding of damages that have occurred during the recent winter weather.

Click Here for Self Reporting Survey



For more information on how you can volunteer how to help, email helen@abileneind.com.