To provide greater context on COVID-19, here are a few links to resources that might be useful:
- CDC | What you need to know about novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- CDC | Stop the Spread of Germs (COVID-19)
- CDC | Guide for Businesses and Employers
- CDC | Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
State of Texas Updates
COVID-19 (CoronaVirus) Poll
In order to best serve our membership, we would like your insights regarding COVID-19 and how it may be affecting your business.
Resources for Businesses and Employers
Plan, prepare, and respond to COVID-19
- SBA | Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- *SBA | Estimated Disaster Economic Injury Worksheet for Businesses
- SBA | Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to CoronaVirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CFA | Support Abilene Fund – Local small businesses who are disproportionately impacted by the CoronaVirus
- ATMOS | Businesses or organizations that need financial assistance during this difficult time directly related to impact of the virus
- CHAMBER | Signage for you to download for your business
Wages, Hours and Leave
The Wage and Hour Division provides information on common issues employers and employees face when responding to influenza, pandemics, or other public health emergencies, and their effects on wages and hours worked under the Fair Labor Standards Act and job-protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Fair Labor Standards Act Questions and Answers
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Family and Medical Leave Act Questions and Answers
- H.R. 6201, Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Deferred Tax Payments and Waived Penalties
- Families and small businesses can defer tax payments for 90 days. This covers a broad range of Americans, including small businesses that file as individuals who owe up to $1 million, and other categories of small businesses, sole proprietors, and corporations owing up to $10 million.
- Penalties and interest that would otherwise apply during this nearly three-month period will be waived.
COVID-19 Updates from Abilene Attractions, Events and Venues
- Updates on events, shops, restaurants, coffee places, breweries, or other places highly reliant on tourism.
These documents were prepared by the business owner/proprietor using a template from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Abilene Chamber of Commerce are not responsible for the final content or implementation of these documents. The Abilene Chamber of Commerce is not a health authority nor do we advise our members on health-related issues. Any information extended through this source is provided by third-party authority or opinion. For information on your particular circumstance please consult your healthcare professional, the Centers for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov) or the Abilene-Taylor County Health District.