Vote Pro Business
The Abilene Chamber of Commerce is a nonpartisan business organization. With early voting beginning on Monday, October 24th, we searched for the best information about the issues on the local ballot. Here are links to:
- Sample ballots for all Taylor County precincts.
- Lists of where to vote early and where to vote on November 8th – Election Day.
- A list of and brief explanations of the eight propositions on ballots in the City of Abilene.
- A comprehensive article from the Abilene Reporter-News covering important facts about Proposition B – Declaring Abilene a “Sanctuary City for the Unborn.”
- The full wording of the City Charter amendment of Proposition B.
- A KTXS-TV story about Proposition A, providing $8 million in bonds to build a fire station on FM 707 at the Beltway South and East 707 Spur.
Our intent is to arm you with as much information as possible and we encourage you to study the links above ahead of your trip to the polls. As we all know, changes through propositions can have effects – positive, negative, intended or unintended – on both businesses and individuals. We encourage you to share these links with your colleagues and to vote pro-business!