A Bright Future
The Abilene Chamber of Commerce is all about helping to create economic prosperity for our community and the region. Everything we do is tied to the single purpose of building the best business community possible.
When reflecting on the past year, it’s hard not to be excited about where our community – and Chamber – are headed.
Your Chamber is proud to boast a membership of over 2,100 between our businesses, our young professionals, and our Military Affairs Committee (MAC) members. Your investment enables our professional staff to deliver on our purpose to help set our region apart.
Highlights from this past year that you have helped your business community accomplish include:
- Continued reinvestment in the heart of our city, including the groundbreaking of the DoubleTree by Hilton Convention Hotel in downtown
- A 17 percent increase in attendance to the storied Children’s Art & Literacy Festival
- Being named the recipient of the Barksdale Trophy for the second time
- Receiving an almost $1 million dollar grant from the U.S. Small Business Administration to help historically underserved entrepreneurs access business training
- Celebrating 60 years of the Chamber’s public private partnership – the Abilene Industrial Foundation
What a tremendous year.
And as you review this year’s annual report, I hope you are beaming with pride at all that you – our partner – have helped our organization accomplish over the past year.
Your support whether through an investment, attendance at events, or volunteering in some aspect was essential to this year. Thank you for that support.
As we celebrate the end of one year and move toward the next, I am proud of the harmonious future that is on the horizon for our community. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to serve our community.